Monday 22 February 2010

Who to believe?

Many, many commentators, journalists and former Downing Street staff claim Gordon is a bully. Lord Mandelson says he isn't. Who, I wonder, should we believe?

Surely, the leader of the Labour party could not be a bully? After all, they are the party that:
  • tell us we can't smoke
  • tell us we shouldn't eat too much
  • tell us we shouldn't drink too much
  • tell us we must have 5 a day
  • tell us we shouldn't discipline children
  • tell us not to drive anywhere
  • tell us we can't protest against what they do
  • tell us we can't take photographs of buildings
  • tell us we can't take photographs of police officers
  • tell us we can't even discuss immigration because that would be racist
  • electronically strip-search us before we can get on an aircraft
  • routinely stop and search people who go out for the evening
  • want to snoop on all our emails & web usage
  • tell us they know best in all aspects of our lives

And we are expected to believe that the leader of this party is a bully? That he orders his staff around and shouts at them?

Surely not?

7 comments:

  1. I'm worried that this story is just another piece in the jigsaw of demands for new, restrictive, legislation.

    I feel manipulated.

    And not in a good way either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O/T ish, but you mentioned it.

    How do I cut my 5 miles a day driving? Where am I going just because I can?
    I used to in the 80's with the top off the MGB
    Not now. Not at £1.10 a litre.

    If I drive 5 miles nearer to the town I usually go to I'll be in a field?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, all.

    Manwiddicombe - I doubt that this was engineered with that in mind, but it may well be the trigger for such. Everything else is, after all.

    BQ - Yes, it has struck me that reducing my journey by 5 miles a day would be quite easy. However, my productivity might well be impacted negatively if I sit all day in a layby 2.5 miles from home. Mind you, that might reduce my tax bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean that every member of this government is a bully?

    ReplyDelete