Tuesday 10 February 2009

Not Happy

My son is not well; the GP this afternoon told us to watch out for appendicitis. So, just to be prepared and to avoid a midnight search for telephone numbers, I checked on the local A&E centres.

Turns out, there isn't one. The hospital down the road had one, but it was shut. The nearest is 10 miles away, along country lanes. Autoroute says it will take me 30 minutes to get there. 30 minutes.

TWO WEEKS AGO I PAID MY TAXES. WTF DID YOU DO WITH THEM, NEW LABOUR?

Sorry for shouting; I'm not happy.

3 comments:

  1. Hope it isn't as bad as feared. Drive carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found out a few years ago that on weekends our is 25 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, not as bad as feared; we didn't need to dash to A&E.

    Feeling very relieved this morning. Fingers crossed that he carries on improving.

    Bill - that's appalling. Hope you can manage any urgent illness to 9-5 Mon-Fri, then :-(

    ReplyDelete