Friday 12 February 2010

You're not fooling anyone, Gordon

Go and have a read of the latest from the Diary of a Geek in Oxfordshire.

Always worth reading, this time Dungeekin has turned his attention to the somewhat unseemly display that is to be Gordon Brown's Valentine message to the voters. Whilst I, and others, accept that the emotions he displays in his Piers Morgan interview are without doubt genuine, and the cause of those emotions to be truly tragic, their sudden appearance just weeks before Gordon's first General Election needs to be called is, to put it midly, somewhat suspicious.

Dungeekin echoes my thoughts when he says:
This is one of the most sickening, revolting pieces of political posturing I have ever, ever seen. I simply can't find the words to express just how repugnant this is, and how contemptible a 'man' Brown has become in his desperate scrabble to maintain his position.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link.

    I, like you, share the belief that the emotions are genuine.

    The timing and platform by which he chose to air those emotions, however, turn the whole thing into a detestable political game.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm even more cynical I'm afraid - I don't even think it was genuine emotion - unless of the kind 'if I don't win this election, I may lose my job & I'll have to give up all my fat-cat perks - waah, boo hoo'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This election campaign is not going to be nice. They have all had too long to think about it. I reckon this is just the start, P. It is so nicely timed.

    Labour's hardcore was brutalised in Scottish local politics, while Cameron already shows signs of being defensive; he has discouraged twittering. Cruel as it may be, this election will make a man of Cameron. He and his wife must retain their integrity and a sense of decency despite the provocation they will inevitably face. I hope the playing fields of Eton prepared him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly proves he's not an Englishman (as if we didn't know). No stiff upper lip.

    ReplyDelete