Damien Green was released without charge. No allegation of wrongdoing has been made, and the suggestion has been merely that he received leaks that embarrassed Labour. I am therefore going to assume that he did nothing wrong.
Presumably, therefore, he had nothing to hide. Indeed, his alleged crime was in not hiding the leaks he received. However, he had the following to fear:
- 9 anti-terror police banging on his door
- 7 hours in custody
- 2 hours of questioning
- the ransacking of his home office
- the ransacking of his Commons office
- the confiscation of his PC
- the confiscation of his mobile
- the freezing of his email address.